Sunday 6 May 2012

Winning the BHAC cup

Me, with the winning picture and cup
What a wonderful boost to my ego - my last picture was voted 'Picture of the Year' at Brighton and Hove Arts Council exhibition in the Friends Meeting House in Brighton, for my picture, Little Girl Lost! My picture 'Poppies 2' got a lot of votes as well so thanks to all those lovely people who voted for them.I now have a beautiful cup to polish. I did not sell the picture so I am taking it in to The Shoreham Gallery (27, Brunswick Road BN43 5WA) tomorrow. If you want to come and have a chat with me, I will be there from 11  until 4, on stewarding duty.
Poppies 2 , pastel (£250)
The Gallery is a great place to find a diverse collection of art by local artists - we are a collective so run it ourselves and there is a different artist every day on Duty. I'm hoping the weather will not put people off - I was on duty for Easter Bank Holiday Monday which was cold and wet. Shoreham could have starred in a scene from 'The Living Dead' as only a few brave souls were rushing about under their brollies.
We braved the weather this morning and rode the Harley to Eastbourne as our HOG chapter 1066 was starting the parade for the 'Magnificent Motors' event. How sad that all the effort by so many people is blighted by cold and wet. Well done for the few supporters who watched the parade and for all the hardy souls in the event park. Sorry we left early as we needed to thaw out.

No comments:

Post a Comment